Photos

 

Kat's Ghostbuster's Costume

Halloween 2013

  •  
    We started with thick insulation styrofoam. Drew and cut out a circle. We used a string attached to a screw driver piked into the middle to make it as perfectly round as possible.
  •  
    Then we cut out the insides with a jigsaw and I started painting with red paint.
  •  
    After one side was painted and dry, then we turned it over and put a quick coat on the backside.
  •  
    We used the same styrofoam for the hands and head. We used a picture from the internet as our guide and free hand drew the head and hands and cut them out with the jigsaw. We put a coat of white paint on them.
  •  
    We used ceiling hooks and twisted them into the head and hands. We also used a generous drop of glue to help hold it all in.
  •  
    I stood there with a blow dryer for quite a while helping the glue dry since we were finishing this up the day of our Halloween party we were going to.
  •  
    This is the back of the head. We had to dig out a spot for my nose to sit and cut holes out so I could see. I used linked together pony tail holders for the strap to hold the mask on my face.
  •  
    Voila! Here is our finished product! I'm so happy it turned out so good!
  •  
    I won the most creative costume prize!
  •  
    Here is my group. From left: Si from Duck Dynasty, The Most Interesting Man in the World, me Ghostbuster's, Darth Vader, Batman and Robin. Fun times! Next year I think we'll try to add Slimer to the mix!